Sooo it is finally here (this is posted especially for all you ladies at the health center!)
This recipe is VERY easy to make, very QUICK,
SIMPLE and easy to make GF
(I haven’t tried making it dairy-free/vegan yet)
I used a recipe I got from my Aunt Heidi and adjusted it a bit to create this one!
– Chocolate Chips (less than a regular sized bag, or 1 large Hershey Bar)
– Saltine Crackers (about 30) I usually use unsalted or those with a hint of salt.
– 1 cup butter (room temp)
*** DO NOT use Walmart butter, the 2 times I’ve used it the butter separates too quickly into its milk solids and creates an oily mess***
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 (3 oz) package of slivered almonds
– 1 cup chopped walnuts
2. Put butter & sugar in medium saucepan on high heat
3. Stir 2-3 minutes until melted & foamy
4. Add almonds
6. Turn heat to high again. Cook 2-3 minutes or until it
turns the color of creamed coffee.
7. Pour mixture onto crackers laid out on pan.
8. Lay chocolate chips on top and spread evenly as it melts.
I usually spray cooking spray onto a spatula to prevent
the chocolate from sticking
10. When cooled, break into pieces.
This recipe is very easy to make gluten free… by either substituting the saltine crackers to GF crackers or eliminating it altogether. Be sure to make sure that the chocolate you are using is gluten free. 🙂
I’ve made this recipe several times before but had my wonderful boyfriend
make this batch so I could take (most of) the pictures 🙂
Sign off! 🙂
Printable recipe available here